Every year, millions of people take dietary supplements hoping to improve their health. The problem is, most of us have no idea what’s in the pills we’re taking.
This is particularly true for omega-3 fatty acids, one of the top three supplements I recommend for women of all ages. So many of the omega-3 products on the shelf are low-quality, rancid oils that are a waste of money and can cause more harm than good. On top of that, there are serious issues around the sustainability of the fish oil production process, which is the traditionally recommended source of omega-3.
If you’re going to invest in your health, it’s crucial to find a high-quality product but also a company that you can get behind, and that’s what I found with Örlö Nutrition. Today I’m joined by Örlö’s Corinna Bellizzi to discuss the benefits of algae-based omega-3 fatty acids.
In this conversation, Corinna and I talk about the role of omega-3 in hormone production, the benefits and challenges of different sources of omega-3 supplements, why we should pay attention to the bioavailability of the supplements we take, the advantages of polar omegas over standard fish oils, how Örlö’s sustainable production process works, why you don’t need to worry about fish burps and stomach issues with polar omegas, the problems caused by low-quality omega-3 supplements, and more. If you aren’t already taking omega-3, I want you on an omega-3. I’m switching from fish oil to algae from Örlö, and I highly recommend you consider it too.
– Corinna’s background as an omega-3 expert
– The benefits and challenges of krill-based omega-3 supplements
– Why the omegas in Örlö Nutrition’s products are significantly more bioavailable than fish oil
– The advantages of polar omegas over standard fish oils
– How Örlö’s sustainable production process works
– Why Corinna recommends separating omega-3 from other nutrients
– Health benefits of spirulina
– What goes into Örlö’s Immunity Boost Oral Spray?
– The issue with relying on eating fish as your only source of omega-3 fats
– Örlö’s introduction to the US
– How sustainability is integrated into every aspect of Örlö’s products
– Why you don’t need to worry about fish burps and stomach issues with polar omegas
– Omega-3 fats are essential for hormone production
– Omega-3 supplementation for kids
– Tips to make it easier to swallow pills
– How you can quickly tell if your oils are rancid
– The issues caused by rancid fats
– The top three supplements I recommend: maca, magnesium, omega-3
– How omega-3 fats can help with period symptoms
– Questions to ask when choosing a high-quality omega-3 supplement
– Why Corinna is no longer personally in support of fish oil
– The concept behind Örlö Nutrition’s T-Shirt design
Learn More About Örlö Nutrition
Örlö Nutrition’s Website | Orlonutrition.com
Örlö Nutrition’s Products | Use code CONFESSIONS for exclusive savings
Örlö Nutrition on Instagram | @OrloNutrition
Örlö Nutrition on TikTok | @OrloNutrition
Örlö Nutrition on Facebook | @Orlonutrition
Örlö Nutrition on YouTube | Örlö Nutrition
Learn more and see Örlö Nutrition’s aquaculture plant house
Örlö Nutrition’s Story
BBC Coverage | Microalgae: Could it become a food of the future?
Corinna Bellizzi’s Ageist.com Articles
Mentioned In This Episode
Confessions of a Male Gynecologist | Episode 8: 10 Must-Have Supplements for Women
Udo Erasmus’ Book | Fats That Heal, Fats That Kill: The Complete Guide to Fats, Oils, Cholesterol and Human Health
This episode of Confessions of A Male Gynecologist is sponsored by Örlö Nutrition
Örlö Nutrition has the best supplements to supercharge your health and immune system. Get all the health benefits you desire without all the worry, because nutrition shouldn’t be an either/or.
Get exclusive savings by going to OrloNutrition.com and using code CONFESSIONS at checkout!
This podcast and website represent the opinions of Dr. Shawn Tassone and his guests. The content here should not be taken as medical advice and is for informational purposes only. Because each person is so unique, please consult your health care professional for any medical questions.